Doorwin is dedicated to the pursuit of energy efficient, eco-friendly and cost-effective products and through our research and development have made great strides in the performance categories of thermal-insulation, structural strength, weatherproofing, sound-insulation, and condensation resistance. Our products are designed to exceed North American NFRC code requirements. Independent testing by Intertek USA confirms that our products perform exceptionally well in all climate zones.
1. Is the raw material stored in a climate controlled space for acclimation? For example, are there automatic spray misters monitored by sensors?
The wood material that we are using are all imported from Canada and America, which have been already treated professionally. Usually, the wood has been thoroughly air-dried and oven-dried to retain a certain percentage of moisture. We will control the moisture content of wood to meet the EMC of different climates, which helps to get better wood durability and strength. No possibility of deformation. Especially for the US market, we strictly follow the moisture content map.
2. What processes does Doorwin have to maintain quality control? Is the product inspected at regular intervals? How about the cutting machines? Is each shipment physically inspected before it leaves the factory? Do you have manufacturing certifications like ISO?
We maintain a quality management system which meets the requirements of ISO 9001 as a minimum and develop, manufacture and check the products according to the rules of this system.
We set up very high inspection standards both for choosing materials and every production processes.
We request to sign quality assurance agreement with our material suppliers to ensure the materials quality, in production process self-inspection of each key part from cutting to frame and glass assembling as well as hardware installation must be a formal quality system of our factory. Our QC will inspect the products at regular intervals. Last but not least we will test and inspect the finish products physically before they leave our factory to ensure that the products meet the agreed requirements, specifications, quality and performances.
Inspection photos, videos and the records from the in-process controls can be provided for evaluation.
Matching with the strict production processing control, every parts of material are picky chosen in high level. The lumber all come from the certificated supplier, and we use Henkel wood adhesive from Germany for the joints to ensure strength and low toxicity. Our standard glazing for the North American market is SGCC (Safety Glazing Certification Council and IGCC (Insulating Glass Certification Council) certified for performance and safety. Hardware Brand imported from Germany and USA such as Roto, Siegenia and Truth fit various Window system. Germany brand Technoform rubber strip for sealing.
With those craftsmanship spirit, superior material Doorwin makes *great* windows.
3. While it's good to have a warranty program, what are the specifics? What is required to file a claim? Is the warranty only for the original purchaser? Is it transferable? Are there any warranty limitations? What types of claims are accepted and denied? Who pays for freight?
Doorwin is responsible for the quality of the windows and door supplied and will provide a warranty for a period of Ten (10) years from the date of each shipment, against any manufacturing defects. The warranty is only for the original purchaser and non-transferable.
The warranty doesn’t cover any damage or defects caused by improper handling, installation, on-site storage, misuse or the Buyer’s failure to provide reasonable maintenance of the products
If the customer makes a claim or complaint due to damage or defects in manufacturing, materials or workmanship, photos and videos are required for evaluation. If it has been proven a defective product, Doorwin shall provide the replacement and all the expenses incurred therefrom, including the shipping shall be borne by Doorwin.
4. What if a window needs replacement but that window is no longer manufactured? Do you provide a window of equal or higher value as a replacement?
Once any defective windows have been delivered, Doorwin will provide free replacements. If the window is no longer manufactured, we will provide replacements with higher value. All the expenses incurred therefrom, including the shipping shall be borne by Doorwin.
5. How long will it take from the time one submits a claim to receiving a replacement?
When the customers report any quality problems, we will respond and give initial solutions within 24 hours, and provide a complete solution within 48 hours. If any replacement is needed, we will arrange it as a priority.
6. What are your precise U-factors and SHGC values?
Actually, a window’s U-value and SHGC value are determined by many factors, for instance, the window opening styles, frame materials and structure, glass configurations (the number of panes, the type of glass, the type of spacer, the type of gas filled), hardware quality, sealant quality, as well as the rating method, etc.
So if customers have special requirements on U-factor and SHGC value, there is no problem for us to achieve by adjusting the frame materials, glass configurations, etc. For example, the U-factor 0.30-0.32 could be reach, even lower. Moreover, the Bureau’s testing report could be available for customer’s necessary need.
7. What are your payment options? Wire transfer? PayPal? Credit? Letter of credit? Deposit requirements? What if an order is cancelled? Are deposits refundable?
Payment by wire transfer is the most welcome method. The payment term is usually 50% deposit before production, and the balance payment to be made before shipment.
Irrevocable Letter of Credit at sight and payment by Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) are acceptable, while the PayPal is usually for samples payment.
If the customer wants to cancel the order, the deposit is refundable after deducting the expenses that have happened.
8. For doors, what options are available for thresholds and which specific brands and models do you use?
For most of the interior wood doors, there are not thresholds. For better acoustic and heat insulation purpose, German brand ADMAR door bottom seal are recommended.
For Entry doors, the thresholds can be customized according to customers’ requirements.
9. What door hardware is available? Ball bearing hinges? Handles and locks?
For door hardware, we only use European design hardware which is quality guaranteed. The hinges are ball bearing and there are plenty of handles and locks are available to choose. You will find one suits your taste. Here are some popular handle options for your reference.
10. Can you source and install a product at a customer’s request, such as a Baldwin lock from the U.S or at least cut the lockset openings based on the specifications?
Yes, we usually have customers want us to source some products for them in China.
If the handle/lockset and hinges are supplied by us, we will drill the holes for handle/lockset and cut for hinges in our workshop. If they are bought from local, these should be done on jobsite when installing the doors. It is risky if we do the drilling and cutout without having a real handle/lockset.